5.30.2017

CGA 2017

This year has not been very easy. Surgery, stress, insomnia, chronic pain, medication and an overwhelming sense of confusion. Through all this, a major component pushing me forward was my summer travels with CGA. In the month leading up to our departure, I felt financial stress, heartbreak anxiety and sadness, which I feared would negatively affect my ability to approach these trips in top form. My emotions shifted from excitement to sadness and back, moment by moment. The morning of departure, I woke up to 5 missed calls; my flight had been shifted 3 hours earlier. The day of travel continued on a less than ideal path with missed connections and lost baggage.

Upon arrival in Rabat, we walked down the familiar streets of the medina, past Riad Kala, where Lisa Marie and I stayed our first trip to Morocco, to the MCAS riad down the way. We settled in and as I crawled into my familiar bed, I began to feel a sense of calm. When I woke up the next day I could not be more happy. The fear and stress faded away, I felt like I was back where I belong. Here's to the Children's Global Alliance summer of 2017!