8.14.2014

Goodbye Tanzania


Tanzania is hands down one of the most amazing places I have ever been. The culture is so vibrant; traditions, history, people, art. Every person I have met has made me feel so unbelievably welcome, “Karibu sana”; from Mama Ellie & Miss Doroth at LOAMO, to Fatima, Jodi, Dada Dotto, Oscar, Kelvin & Loth at Kat’z. There has never been a moment of fear, or discomfort. The food has been delicious; the children, beautiful and special; the people, loving and supportive; the country, diverse and beautiful. It is amazing that the more I give my heart away to those I meet while doing these trips, the more deeply I love and my heart grows. I feel that for all the love and inspiration I give, I get back tenfold. I leave Tanzania with a heavy heart, as two weeks here is hardly enough time, but I’m beyond grateful for every moment and experience. I feel so blessed to be a part of empowering, inspiring and leading so many children of coming generations, while getting to experience cultures across the world.