4.16.2014

If Not Now, When?

I am feeling very inspired. My heart is ticking and I can't wait to travel again. On the plane home I watched the Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Between the movie and my experience in Nicaragua, I realized how I need to stop sitting around thinking about what I want to do, and just go do it. First stop is Cambodia. I can't wait to see Meng. Hug the kids at CPO, eat the same meal every day at Tat Too Guest House, ride in the Tuk Tuk with Ley 2 hours every day.

I tried to take deep breaths toward the end of the trip in Nicaragua. I wanted to remember the smells, good and bad, of the people, the food, the streets. I couldn't get enough, looking out the windows of the van, trying to take in every object, every person, every landmark. I didn't want to forget anything. I am so happy that I went on this trip.

Rachel Nelson said during a teacher training session that if you are not 100% committed, you are not committed at all. It is so true. I am young, I am free, and I need to do what makes me most happy, right now. That may change in a month, or a year, or a few years, but you never regret the things that make you happy. Every moment makes you who you are today. I am in a good position of wanting to spend my life helping others and loving every second of it. To find that living for others is what makes you feel alive, that's a pretty amazing place to be.